Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Writer's Block???

I used to write all of the time....before I even knew what a blog was. Mainly poetry. Had a lot of ideas floating around in my head. I need to find the notebooks and flash drives that contain those writings so that I can share. I should also start back writing in my journal. That always gets the ideas flowing. Speaking of which, I just read thru that thing the other day. I've been writing in it off and on for about 2 years or so. And at the moment I don't know where it is....AGAIN! I'll look for it later. I'm always losing that thing...probably b/c I've moved around a lot in the last few years. However, I digress...a little while ago I was trying to get my baby girl to go back to sleep when an idea for a poem/song popped into my head. I'll share it with you guys in a few. It could be a chorus to a song I guess...or a refrain for a poem...or just the beginning of either one. Idk. We'll see. Don't judge...Oh and by the way, it's not about me or anybody really. The inspiration did come from my boo tho.

You see, he and I have been together off and on for 5 or 6 years. We also have 2 children together (both of our only children). Basically, I thought to myself...hmmmm I wonder how I'd feel if things didn't work out. Here's a possibility...I hope you enjoy

I call this "Someone Else"
I coulda been huggin, touchin, lovin....somebody else.
I coulda been missin, kissin, with...somebody else.

I know that's not much at all....especially now that it's typed words on a screen and not in my head. I'll try to add on to that later. I think I'm gonna find an old poem and share it with you guys. Thanks for reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment