Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

I Wanna Know!

So earlier today as we're in the car leavin' church, I hear a throwback Mariah Carey tune that I love! At the time, however, I wasn't in the mood to hear it. It's that song called "We Belong Together".  Now do you see why I didn't wanna hear that? Especially after hearing such an awesome word in church! That was probably the first time that I was able to hear and enjoy a sermon w/out thinking about my ex. So with that being said, I definitely wasn't tryin' to get all mushy courtesy of Mariah Carey.


Well once I began to sing along....it was a wrap! This is turn got me to thinking about my past relationships.....well just my last one. Thinking about what went wrong, what part I played in the relationship ending, etc. You know? Sappy crap like that. But on a serious note, it really did make me think about how things played out in the relationship.

I thought to myself that when things are not going well or when the person has a problem with something that the other person has said or done, I'd want to know! Basically what I'm saying is to just be upfront....at least give a person an opportunity to correct themselves--IF they feel they need to. I don't think it's fair to either party involved to keep quiet and then just blow up. Or to keep quiet and then not say anything until you have decided to explore other options.


I guess either way, someone will probably get hurt. Well I'd rather have my feelings hurt because someone is telling me, "Hey Bridget, I don't like it when you..." That gives me the chance to correct myself. Same goes the other way around. I think that I've always done a good job of letting a man know about what I didn't like. At the same time, you've gotta let a person know what you DO like, too. (but that's a whole 'nother blog for a whole 'nother time). But like I was saying...I wanna know. If I'm too clingy....tell me so I can give you 50 feet! If I don't spend enough time with you...let me know....so I can pencil you in.

Funny what a song can make you start thinking about huh????
Until my next rant.....

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment