Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The LOC Method aka Sealing





I've been natural for almost 3 years now and for the most part I love it. As with anything you do....not just hair choices....there's pros and cons. I'm always looking for tips, products, and such to help me on this journey. Recently I found out about the L.O.C. method and I must say that to date it's the best thing I've ever done to my hair!!! I was reading a new post by The Domestic Naturalista and I figured that it wouldn't hurt to try it.





The L.O.C. method is a great way to retain moisture during those harsh winter months!!!

  • The L stands for liquid. 
  • The O stands for oil. 
  • The C stands for cream.     




The liquid can be water, or any water-based leave-in conditioner. I use either plain water or the water mixture in my spray bottle. 


The oil is whatever oil you prefer to use. The oil seals in the liquid. I use either coconut oil or olive oil. 

The cream (or butter) seals in the oil. Again just use whatever cream or butter you prefer. I normally use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie or Motions Naturally You! Hydrate My Curls Pudding. 

This method of moisturizing has been very kind to my hair this winter. If I wear a satin bonnet to bed on my hair, I actually don't have to moisturize daily. It usually keeps my hair very moisturized for a few days. I just spritz some of the mixture from my spray bottle on my hair and go! 

Now that it's spring, I'm probably gonna start a new regimen to keep my hair moisturized. We'll see! I will keep you posted....




No comments:

Post a Comment